- An abdominal aortic aneurysm, or AAA as it is commonly referred to, is a balloon like swelling of the aorta, the main artery leading away from your heart which passes through your abdomen.
- The Bereavement service at Gateshead provides immediate support for families by ward staff as well as religious and spiritual support by the hospital chaplains.
- The complaints system works to resolve patients' problems and help the Trust learn from patients' experiences to improve services.
- The NGOC provides a specialist commissioned Level 3 gynaecological cancer service. This service provides care for women who live within the region covered by Northern Cancer Alliance.
- We are a team of Dietitians, Nutrition Support Nurses, Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Nutrition), Dietetic Assistant Practitioners and Clerical Staff. We provide accurate, impartial advice to treat ill health, prevent food related problems and maximise recovery.
Department: Clinical support services
- PALS is a confidential service offering on-the-spot help and advice for patients, relatives, carers, and staff.