About the service
The Medical Education team takes the lead in developing collaborative working relationships in clinical education within the Trust, bringing together clinical teaching resources for all health professionals. We strive to maintain and enhance a “Learning Culture” by providing undergraduate, postgraduate and other training experiences, to both Trust employees and external staff.
- We provide a professional and comprehensive inter-professional education service including: Organising the delivery of Undergraduate teaching within the trust, led by the Medical School Base Unit and internally by the Associate Clinical Sub Dean, Tyne Base Unit
- Effective and efficient delivery of the Foundation programme through planning and liaison with HEE.NE Foundation School, the Foundation Tutor and Clinical and Educational supervisors.
- Supporting the Clinical, Foundation and College Tutors in the planning and organisation of under and post-graduate medical education programmes.
- The recording of all Post Graduate teaching, attendance records, study leave and expenses on the HEE database.
- Developing and coordinating the support required for medical appraisal, revalidation and job planning, in line with national guidelines and local processes.
- Supporting the Revalidation and Appraisal system and Rota compliance with the new Junior Doctors Contract.
- Managing the day-to-day activity in the Clinical Skills Centre including the preparation of simulation equipment and the booking and setting up of teaching rooms
Services we offer
The Clinical Skills Centre focuses upon the provision of multi-professional clinical education in a state of the art facility which includes a three-bedded ward area, a fully-equipped simulation room with attached operator/observation room, community simulation room and five Seminar/Tutorial teaching rooms.
The Clinical Skills Centre is a specially designed area for the teaching and training of all health professionals. This includes access to state-of-the-art simulation technology, which facilitates human factors training and inter-professional education.
This enables our users to develop and maintain competency in all aspects of medicine, nursing, and healthcare, thereby promoting quality patient care.
The Clinical Skills Centre aims to:
- Deliver easy to use and flexible resources for staff and students
- Encourage the development of integrated learning and teaching using a variety of methods including:
- Computer-based simulations
- Task trainers and procedural models
- Promote multidisciplinary learning.