To deliver high quality patient care, our people need to be equipped with the right skills, with access to relevant education & training opportunities.
We strive to maintain and enhance ‘A Learning Culture’; an environment that encourages learning and supports individuals and teams to develop their skills and maximise their potential.
We offer a wide range of learning opportunities, including:
- Induction – we provide a comprehensive corporate induction to welcome you to the Trust.
- Core skills training – we offer you a variety of ways to complete your statutory mandatory training and core skills including online and face-to-face.
- CPD (Continuing Professional Development) – we have a specific fund to support the personal development of registered professionals.
- The North East Leadership Academy (NELA) provide a wide range of development opportunities for NHS staff, the events and courses offered by NELA are mostly free to go on by our staff.
- Trust prospectus – we provide a full prospectus of available training courses and learning opportunities.