Without our amazing staff, we wouldn’t be able to offer the outstanding care and high-quality service that we’re known for.
When you come to work at Gateshead Health you will receive a range of benefits and rewards for your dedication and commitment.
You’ll work with modern equipment and in state-of-the-art facilities, with the latest technology.
We are committed to offering our staff superb benefits, looking after their wellbeing, and providing access to training, career progression and support, to help them to provide patients with the very best care.
If you work for us, you will:
- Get a chance to try out roles with us and when you start will be supported from day one, including through our buddy and mentoring schemes.
- Get lots of opportunity for education and training to develop your skills and expertise, to diversify if you want to and learn throughout your career from start to finish.
- Get the support you need from occupational health and counselling services, health and well-being initiatives, for both your physical and mental health.
- Have safe working conditions and the tools and equipment you need to do your job well.
- Have a place to eat with healthy food and somewhere to get downtime.
- Have flexible working – to build your personal and working life around your home and your health.
- Be treated fairly with respect in all you do by colleagues, managers and our leaders –whoever you are and whatever you believe.
- Be consulted and included – you will always have a voice to input in the way the Trust operates.
We reward and support you
We offer a range of benefits and rewards to our staff including:
Our Star Awards help us to recognise, celebrate and thank staff & volunteers who have enhanced the patient experience. Every year there are numerous nominations from across the Trust – and the winners are celebrated during a week-long ‘thank you’ celebration. We also celebrate when our teams and staff win external awards and share the good news across the Trust and social media.
Health and wellbeing
Balance is the official health and wellbeing brand of the Trust, and is lead by the Trust’s dedicated Health and Wellbeing team, who support all staff to improve their health and wellbeing and find the perfect balance in their working and personal lives.Go to our Balance website
- Discounted gym membership.
- A range of NHS discounts.
- Salary sacrifice schemes for childcare vouchers, lease cars and Cycle to Work.
- An on-site nursery open to all staff, which can be paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Travel discounts, such as discounted annual travel passes.