Preparing for your appointment
Have you or any member of your household had symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the 14 days before your appointment?
If you or your household member have had any symptoms, please rearrange your appointment.
If you need to make any changes to your outpatient appointment, please call the contact number on your appointment letter.
Some outpatient clinics will be offering telephone consultations as an alternative to face-to-face consultations. You may have been contacted about this already. If you have not been contacted by us directly your face-to-face appointment will be going ahead as planned.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are converting appointments, where appropriate, to telephone or video consultations. We will let you know if the appointment has been changed to telephone or video call.
Cancellation of operations, appointments or procedures
We understand some patients will be concerned about travelling into hospital. If you would like to rearrange your appointment you should contact our appointments booking centre.
Telephone: 0191 445 2718
Opening times: Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
- We ask all patients and visitors to arrive at the hospital wearing a face covering from home.
- Please arrive for your appointment at the allocated time. Please do not be late or early.
- Staff may be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask our staff.
- Please attend the appointment alone if it is safe to do so. If you need to be accompanied this must be with only one other person. Children should be accompanied by one adult only.
- Please access hand washing/hand gel available on arrival.
- Please observe social distancing whilst waiting and during your appointment. We will endeavour to signpost you to your appointment safely.
- When your appointment is finished, please leave the hospital promptly.