We are Gateshead Health Charity and we support Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust to improve patient care and enhance the healthcare environment, going above and beyond the core NHS funding.
Our charity supports projects that aim to provide additional resources for patients and staff, facilitate staff training and development, acquire essential medical equipment, and contribute to medical research.
Each year, generous supporters – including those who have personally been treated at our hospitals or have family members who have been our patients – contribute thousands of pounds to enhance the quality of care for our future patients.Donate now
The funds we collect are also used to improve the hospital environment for our employees, patients, and their loved ones. This allows us to create a more inviting and cosy atmosphere, while also incorporating the latest advancements in modern medical technology, throughout all healthcare services and facilities that are part of Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Our registered charity number
Gateshead Health Charity is a registered charity, number 1086145.
At Gateshead Health Charity, our mission is to provide resources over and above core NHS funding to support the following projects:
How we give our support
- Additional support for patients and staff: We want to improve the experience of patients and staff by providing resources that go beyond the statutory requirements of the NHS, creating a more comfortable and inviting healthcare environment.
- Staff training and development: We support staff training and development above mandatory requirements through allocated training budgets, ensuring our healthcare providers are equipped with the latest advances in medical care.
- Buying equipment and medical research support: We allocate funds towards the purchase of equipment that would improve the patient experience and the support of medical research, aiming to improve the quality of care and treatment available to our patients.
The money we raise is also used to improve the environment in our hospitals for staff, patients and their relatives. It allows us to provide a more welcoming, comfortable space, in addition to the latest technology modern medicine has to offer, across all of the healthcare settings within the Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Donations to specific wards, units, or research projects are greatly appreciated. Fundraisers may indicate the exact destination of their donation in terms of the service or department, they wish to donate to. Otherwise, we will use donations in the best way we see fit to benefit our patients, staff and visitors.
Why we need your support
At Gateshead Health Charity, the generous donations we receive allow us to improve the experience for our patients, visitors, and staff.Thinking about fundraising for us?
Your generous donations allow us to improve the experience for our patients, visitors, and staff. With your support, we can:
- Make our healthcare facilities brighter and more comfortable for patients and visitors.
- Provide staff with opportunities for advanced training and development, enhancing the quality of care they provide.
- Contribute to vital research into various conditions and treatments, ultimately improving patient care and recovery.
With the support of our dedicated fundraisers and donors,
we aim to:
- Acquire cutting-edge equipment to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of various conditions.
- Keep our staff updated on the latest advances in medicine and patient care through specialised training.
- Create brighter and more comfortable patient care facilities and wards.
With your money, we can improve the environment in which our patients receive treatment and elevate the standard of care we offer.
Thank you so much to our dedicated fundraisers who make all of this possible!