What Gateshead Cares is
Gateshead Cares is the collaborative term for the Gateshead health and care system.
The Trust is an active partner in the “Gateshead Cares” system board.
What the Gateshead Health and Care System is?
The Gateshead Health and Care System is a group of local organisations that come together on a regular basis to work differently together in order to achieve better outcomes for local people. This includes:
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Gateshead Council
- NHS North East and North Cumbria integrated care board (ICB)
- Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Community Based Care Health / Gateshead Federation of GP Practices
- Voluntary and Community Sector (Connected Voice and Healthwatch Gateshead)
The objectives of the Gateshead Health and Care System Board are to:
- Reduce levels of inequality by tackling the circumstances that lead to inequality
- Shift the balance of services from acute hospital care and crisis interventions to community support with a focus on prevention, early help and self-help, matched by appropriate resources
- Support the development of integrated care and treatment for people with complicated long-term conditions, social problems or disabilities
- Create a join planning and financial framework for managing difficult decisions required to ensure effective, efficient and economically secure services, getting the most from Gateshead