What should I bring with me?
If you are coming to stay as an inpatient you should bring:
- Your admission letter which will contain specific instructions about your admission
- All your current medication in their original containers
- Loose day clothes and some shoes
- Nightwear, dressing gown and slippers
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hairbrush or comb
- Soap and shampoo
- Shaving kit
- Glasses/contact lenses (if applicable)
- A small amount of money for refreshments/newspapers etc.
- Any mobility aids you use such as a walking stick or frame
We strongly advise you not to bring in any valuables, large amounts of money or jewellery. The Trust accepts no liability for any loss, damage or theft of any property belonging to a patient.
Some other things you should avoid bringing into hospital with you are:
- Large items – you will only have a small bedside locker to keep any belongings in
- Portable televisions or radios – Hospedia runs a service where patients can pay to activate the television/radio/internet kiosks beside their beds.
- An alarm clock – this may disturb other patients on the ward.