Management company Parkingeye has been appointed by Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust to modernise the car parks and ensure that patients and visitors have a safe and hassle-free parking experience.
From 31st January 2022, a new digitised payment system will be introduced for patients, visitors and carers to use.
Pricing for parking at the site will remain unchanged.
Key benefits include:
- The design and interface of the new kiosks makes it much easier for patients and visitors to use the kiosks and pay for parking.
- There are now more options for visitors to pay including coins, notes, chip & pin and contactless, as well as Parkingeye’s good2go cashless payment solution. The kiosks will also give change.
- There will be 19” touch screens for improved user experience and the ability to find a vehicle in real time.
- Full integration with Automatic Number Plate Recognition system to provide vehicle look-up during payment process.
- The new kiosks will be easier to use for all patients and visitors, giving a clear on-exit payment method and will help to ensure the car park is properly managed for patients and visitors.