Directions to Blaydon by car
From the A1
- At junction 73, take the A694 exit to Consett/Whickham/Swalwell/B6317
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Derwenthaugh Rd/A694
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Shibdon Rd/B6317
- The turning for Blaydon Urgent Treatment Centre is 30m ahead on the right.
By coach or bus
- Disembark at Gateshead Interchange.
- Taxis are available outside the Interchange.
- Blaydon is served by a number of local buses from the town centre’s interchange as well as the Metrocentre.
- For information for all local bus, metro and train services throughout the North East, call 0870 6082608. You can also visit the Nexus traveline North East.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Bensham Hospital and Blaydon Urgent Treatment Centre are easy to access by public transport with regular bus services.
To help you plan your journey to hospital, visit the Nexus passenger transport website where you will find travel details for all public transport including bus routes, Metro and local rail services.
These websites may also help you plan your journey to hospital:
- Go North East or you can download the Go North East app
- Metro – Nexus can be contacted on 0191 202 0747 between 8:00am – 6:00pm 7 days a week to help with any specific public transport advice.
Blaydon Urgent Treatment Centre is part of Blaydon Primary Care Centre, where there is free parking on site, with disabled bays available.