- If you or someone you live with is feeling unwell or develops any COVID19 symptoms (high temperature over 37.8°, new cough, loss of sense of smell and/or taste) you should not attend this appointment and call us on 0191 4453747 and we can rearrange this appointment for you.
- We have designed clinics specifically for patients who have been advised to self-isolate due to COVID19. Appointments have been arranged at longer intervals to reduce waiting times, and minimise exposure for more vulnerable patients. Please get in touch with us, if this applies to you.
- We would ask that where possible that you attend alone and do not arrive until your appointment time. We understand there are instances where you may need to be accompanied, for example; vulnerable people (learning or physical disability), patients requiring mobility support.
- You will be guided through the screening process by a member of staff who will follow the appropriate infection control precautions and be wearing additional protective equipment.
- Patients are required to wear masks or face coverings when attending the hospital and hand sanitiser gel is also available at hospital entrances.
Any personal information is kept confidential. There may be occasions where your information needs to be shared with other care professionals to ensure you receive the best care possible.
In order to assist us to improve the services available, your information may be used for clinical audit, research, teaching and anonymised for National NHS Reviews and Statistics.
This leaflet can be made available in other languages and formats upon request.