Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust is delighted to share the new vision and strategy. The trust has set out what can be achieved together over the next three years.
Established in 2005 and formerly known as QE Gateshead, we were one of the first foundation trusts in the country and since then have consistently achieved the highest levels of care for patients.
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust combines all the hospital and community health services from our leading facilities, including the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Blaydon urgent care centre and Bensham Hospital.
We now employ around 4,800 staff and currently provide 444 hospital beds across the Gateshead region.
Our five values can easily be remembered by the simple acronym ICORE.
- Innovation: We look for new ways to improve what we do and recognise that we all have a role to play in our continuous improvement
- Care: We care for our patients, community, each other and ourselves with kindness and compassion.
- Openness: We always act with integrity and transparency and are open and honest with ourselves and each other.
- Respect: We treat everyone with respect and dignity, creating a sense of belonging and inclusion.
- Engagement: We are inclusive and collaborative in our approach, working as a team and with our partners to deliver the best care possible.
Our plans have been developed through open engagement with our patients, people and partners. Gateshead Health has five strategic aims.
- We will continuously improve the quality and safety of our services for our patients.
- We will be a great organisation with a highly engaged workforce.
- We will enhance our productivity and efficiency to make the best use of our resources.
- We will be an effective partner and be ambitious in our commitment to improving health outcomes.
- We will develop and expand our services within and beyond Gateshead.
Find out more about our plans on our new Gateshead Health website.