Do you know someone who you think would enjoy working for our Gateshead family as much as you do? If so, you could earn up to £500 and your friend will get £250.
How does it work?
If your friend is successful in getting a job, you will be rewarded with:
- Up to £300 once your friend is in the post and has completed 3 months’ service.
- And then up to £200 paid to you once your friend has completed 12 months’ continuous service as a substantive member of staff working within the Trust.
Your friend will be offered a bonus payment of up to £250 to be paid when they have completed 12 months’ continuous service in the area they were recruited to.
How do I refer someone?
Your friend will need to mention your name in their application form, through the usual application route on NHS Jobs.
Each job that is included will have this referenced in the recruitment documents and at interviews. We’re currently looking for:
- Medical practitioners – all specialities
- Nurses – all roles with full NMC registration
- AHPs – all specialities
- Radiographers – all specialities
- Sonographers – all specialities
- ECG technicians – all specialities
- ODPs – all specialities
Your friend also needs to inform the interview panel of the referral. If details of the referral are not provided before the individuals start date, then no payment will be made.
Who is eligible?
Referrals can be made by all employees, excluding any individual who has influence over the recruitment decision, directors, or members of EMT. There are no limits to the number of referrals for the different roles you refer your friends to so there are lots of opportunities to refer your friends.
Terms and conditions apply
- This is a 6-month pilot scheme.
- The first payment will be paid directly to you via Payroll once your friend has started employment with the Trust and been employed for a period of 3 months and the second payment at the 12-month stage.
- The payment will be subject to standard deductions of Tax and NI but will not be pensionable.
- To qualify to receive the payment you must be an existing member of staff (not serving a notice period) and must still be employed with us for the payment to be made.
- The scheme is not applicable to workers on the Trust Bank moving to a substantive or fixed-term post.
- The bonus will not be paid to employees already employed in the organisation in either a substantive or a bank role or is re-recruited after an absence of less than two years.
- The bonus does not apply to recruitment to the staff bank.
- It is your responsibility to proactively claim the bonus payment within the time period stated.
- The bonus only applies to active vacancies advertised within the UK and only for those adverts indicating eligibility.
- No retrospective payments will be made in respect of candidates already introduced by employees.
- A manager or member of staff who participates at any stage of the recruitment process for anyone they have referred (ie. shortlisting, longlisting, assessment, interview, offer and/or providing a reference) is not eligible to claim the bonus.
- There is no limit on the number of successful candidates an employee may refer.
- Only one employee can refer an individual and this MUST be stated on the application. No payments can be made if the refer a friend paperwork is submitted after interviews have taken place.
- Bonus payments are only paid if all mandatory training is up to date, satisfactory and in date appraisal & satisfactory attendance, no open disciplinary investigation or action in place and they remain in employment in the Trust.